Saturday, March 12, 2011

The War Between Two Natures ( Spiritual Vs Carnal )

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. Romans 7:22,23 (KJV)



Apostle Paul described the Two Natures in the Book of Romans expressively. In the above Scripture we are seeing the two laws, Natural or Carnal and another Spiritual, which are combating or fighting daily in One's life who has come to Faith in Christ. (But to those who are not in Christ have no two laws but only conscience).

It is not appropriate to say as a believer to lost to the Carnal law daily, there must be a fight and Victory though we failed sometimes because of our lust and own will. Romans 7:19 says For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. This the most fitting verse for us, as to show the Law of Carnal in our Lives. But another one shows our Spiritual Law or Spiritual Nature in Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: here the inward man is reffering to the Spirit man, Ephesians 3:16.

Daily Straggle

We find it both Nature daily in our lives, frankly speaking. The Questions arises How will we Overcome the Old man or Old nature ? The Bible doesn't leave us with just Commandments but gave us ways and also the Spirit of God is helping us in our infirmities, Romans 8:26. As we straggle daily we are growing in the Lord if we strive lawfully. Straggling is worthwhile in our life time because our Lord Jesus Himself does straggled with Temptations as we are yet without sin, Hebrew 4:15. If we follow Christ we will Overcome and Defeat the Old Nature Daily in our lives. The Straggle will take long even till we reached to Heaven, but Jesus said In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33. And also in Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Jesus has done His part we must do our part.

Conclusion : This is an encouragement for all of us who are straggling with the Two Natures daily in our lives. Even for myself because i am not perfect yet as we all does, though i wrote it by the Urging of the Spirit of God. Hoping it is relevant in your lives today i mean in this last days, the Word of God is Truth 1 Thessalonians 2:13 and is Powerful Hebrews 4:12. As the Coming of the Lord draws near let us take Heed to the Word of God ... for the Lord is good ... !!!


Servant of the Lord Jesus Christ

Jeremiah khai

No comments:

Post a Comment